Re: [TowerTalk] The Value of HFTA

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] The Value of HFTA
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 08:22:27 -0700
I'm a firm believer modeling.  I use EZNEC and AutoEZ and trust them.

Wes

On 1/21/2019 3:18 AM, Edward Sawyer wrote:
"Isn't that pretty much what I inferred?? You put it up as high as your
location and checkbook can stand and wait for the propagation gods to smile
on you."

Wes? N7WS

Actually Wes, this is 100% wrong if you have complex terrain.  I have that
here and I modeled 10, 15, 20, 40 using HFTA.  On 40M a higher antenna would
be even more potent.  But on 10. 15. 20.  My lower antennas to EU - where I
have significant terrain enhancement, modeled to be the better antennas.
And after a decade of on the air observation, HFTA is spot on.

73

Ed  N1UR