Re: [TowerTalk] Long Wire Sag

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long Wire Sag
From: Clay Autery <KY5G@montac.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 11:52:14 -0500
Use the largest diameter wire for which you have sufficient length.  I use #12
wire in my 80 m loop horiz delta...  There has been little stretch in the years
I've had it up, and sag is minimal.  I only have 25 lbs of lead pulling down on
the three corner pulley lines, though.At 300, you will either have more sag or
require more tension.Either way....  if there is stretch, great!  Just retune
and take the extra length out.The syretching will cause work hardening which
will at some point counterbalance the stretching... and it will stop.The larger
diameter wire will endure more tension and be a slightly better radiator.73,
Clay, KY5GSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com> Date: 3/10/19
10:43  (GMT-06:00) To: towertalk@contesting.com Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Long
Wire Sag TU Bert but you may have missed the part below:"I am not going to
purchase a different wire that would be better suited like copper-weld etc
since I have plenty of these other two and want to try something today."Gedas,
W8BYAGallery at http://w8bya.comLight travels faster than sound....This is why
some people appear bright until you hear them speak.On 3/10/2019 11:40 AM, Bert
wrote:> I am not going to purchase a different wire that would be better >
suited like copper-weld etc since I have plenty of these other two and > want
to try something
 mailing
listTowerTalk@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk