Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp on Coax connectors

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp on Coax connectors
From: Bert <balmemo@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 23:07:54 -0400
I always solder the pin, regardless!

Bert VE3NR

On 9/5/2019 10:22 PM, Jon Pearl - W4ABC wrote:
Hi Bob,

Every site that I've visited dealing with this product shows them to be crimp/solder connectors...

https://www.amphenolrf.com/182102.html

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC

On 9/5/2019 12:07 PM, W3YY wrote:
Julio -

I use the DX Engineering Ultra-Grip 2 Crimp Connector Tool Kit, the DX
Engineering RG-213 cable, and Amphenol 182102 no solder crimp connectors
(both shield and pin are crimped - no soldering required).  This combination has provided beautiful results for me without any problems.  I will never go
back to PL-259's that require solder.

Amphenol UHF crimp connectors from DX Engineering are reasonably priced but can usually be found at slightly lower cost from the major electronic parts
suppliers.

73, Bob - W3YY

---