Re: [TowerTalk] Receiving a crank-up tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Receiving a crank-up tower
From: "Charles \"Ed\" Pitts K5OF" <cpitts@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 05:48:03 -0400
You may want to try and obtain the assistance of a roll on roll off wrecker type truck. I had my local mechanic meet me at a location to remove a US tower I had taken down and layed on the ground along with all the antennas and raising fixture from a local ham friend who was selling his property and moving on. We laid the tower on thick walled 4 inch PVC pipe cut into 3-4 foot lengths ( approx 4 of them) and rolled the tower on the pipes leap frogging them as they (tower & pipes) rolled on the ground and as the tower was being winched up onto the flat bed roll on/roll off wrecker.

He charged me $75 to meet me and do the job moving everything to my place. All done in about a hours time.

When the tractor trailer driver arrives have the roll on roll off driver there also if it can be arranged and make the transfer including to the spot where you want the tower to end up.

Good Luck on whatever method you choose. Make friends with your local mechanic/wrecker service. For reasonable fees depending on where you are located and time/distance, etc. they can be very useful!

73! Charles "Ed" K5OF in NC