Re: [TowerTalk] Need a Knot Expert

To: "'Gedas'" <w8bya@mchsi.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need a Knot Expert
From: "Wes Attaway \(N5WA\)" <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 15:06:07 -0600
Gedas:

You have received a lot of good suggestions.  Here is one more, and it is
pretty simple.  You are apparently not going to be risking anyone's life.
You are going to hold up one end of a dipole and there may be 30-40-pounds
of tension..

I would just join the two ends of the Dacron rope with a simple square knot
and with 6-inches or so of each rope sticking out from the knot.  Then tie
the two ends into a square knot.  Tape the ends to the rope if you want to.
With constant tension this arrangement will never come loose.  I have done
this many times over many years with ropes into trees and on towers, etc.

Constant tension on the rope will keep the knots nice and tight.

Wes Attaway (N5WA)
(318) 393-3289 - Shreveport, LA
Computer/Cellphone Forensics
AttawayForensics.com