Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp connector tool

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp connector tool
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 14:37:05 -0500
What I did was purchase an inexpensive 5" harbour-fright vice that had 2 screws hold the serrated teeth bars. I took the two screws out from each side and replaced the hardened steel tooth bars with 1/2"x1/2"x5" aluminum bar stock.

I drilled two holes thru the aluminum bar stock for  the holding screws and put them back on the vice. I then drilled a series of different sized holes along the bar. It is absolutely awesome. I have my own custom crimping machine that will make a perfect compression around any crimp connector. I have about 5 holes in one bar that manages most of my needs. And if need be another set of aluminum bars can be made with different sized holes if the occasion ever came up. I also have a small taper at one end (the bottom of the drilled holes) that leaves a slightly less compressed area just like my hand-crimpers do.

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....