Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp Connector Tool

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp Connector Tool
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 15:43:03 -0500
Jim,

I'm not normally one for going against a manufacturer's assembly
instructions, but K6MHE's installation method with a reducer is vastly
superior to that suggested by Amphenol.  It works especially well with
RG-400 and silver-plated UG reducers.  This method has been posted to the
list in the past but newcomers may have an interest.  Try just one and see
if you can't stop making more.

Installation is even easier when a bench vise is available.  Insert the
cable into the vise straight up and adjust the cable so that when the
reducer slides on, it rests on top of the jaws, making soldering a snap.
With this method, even the cable cutting dimensions are less critical.

 https://www.zaarc.org/PL-259_w_reducer_Assembly.pdf

Paul, W9AC