Re: [TowerTalk] XHHW wire

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] XHHW wire
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 06:15:34 -0600
Great post! I do not know the difference between PVC and XLPE, perhaps someone on the list does. XLPE is rated to have good UV resistance, whatever that means. I have never seen any damage to THHN PVC however it certainly it would be nice to not have the clear outer nylon coating when it is used outdoors for antennas and rotators.

John KK9A

Dick NY1E wrote:

In the spring I'm building new dipoles for 160, 80 & 40, instead of using THHN I see Home Depot has XHHW #12 stranded, like THHN but without the nylon jacket and it says its UV resistant. Has anyone used it? It's a bit more expensive at $98/500' vs $65/500' but if it keeps that nylon from hanging off the antennas....de Dick NY1E
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android