Re: [TowerTalk] XHHW wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] XHHW wire
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 15:02:36 -0500
I have used THHN #12 and #14 solid for antenna and radial wire for ~20 years –
bought at Home Depot and Lowes.  The clear protective coating flakes off and
hangs from the wire in spots, but the black jacket has never come off the wire
at this qth.  I can’t be 100% certain but I am pretty sure that the antenna
performance has not changed meaningfully over time; although with the wx that
we routinely get at my qth, no wire antenna survives here for more than about 5
years without needing repair or replacement.

73

Bob, KQ2M