Re: [TowerTalk] How to fix crooked Rohn 45G short base?

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How to fix crooked Rohn 45G short base?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 07:55:52 -0700
I've made joiners and bottom plates for different tower sections for Field Day, R25 to aluminum etc.

The Rohn leg bolts hold in shear so larger holes are not a good answer.

Getting two plates made with welded on pin and socket, that can be shimmed to correct the angle makes sense as a solution, but needs a lot of strength as you noted. I would go with the shimmed plates. Have them galvanized.

For starting over, there are expanding grouts (Dexpan) that break up concrete. Drill deep holes, mix and pour. Removing concrete with rebar/tower section will be a PITA. A big excavator might pull it straight out whole. I'd try that first. Or Dexpan to break off the exterior then pull.

Grant KZ1W