Re: [TowerTalk] Can 1/4" or 3/8" Andrew SUPERFLEX be used for a Rotor lo

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Can 1/4" or 3/8" Andrew SUPERFLEX be used for a Rotor loop?
From: Bill Steffey NY9H <ny9h@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 07:20:27 -0400
Did anyone look at the M&P ( Italy) site ?

I've been involved for 20+ years with several divisions of what was CDT ( Mohawk, Montrose, West Penn Wire  etc) now merged into Belden Corp. Observed many braiding & bunching machines in operation.  I always understood that many of the best fabricating machines in the wire industry were made in Italy.  I drew a conclusion that coax form ITALY very well could be the best. That said , I watched several coax connector assembly videos provided BY M&P , and was surprised to see they suggest you do NOT solder the shield on either N type for PL-259. They must believe that the compression is adequate.  Why do I think that could be a warming while running that EXPERT KW ??????

thoughts, diatribes , lectures ????

bill ny9h/3