[TowerTalk] Mast slippage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast slippage
From: "Les Brown" <lesbrown@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 19:00:15 -0400
I have 2 large Yagis attached to a 3 inch OD ¼ inch wall thickness Chromoly
mast running down the tower to a ProSisTel PST-71D. On a windy day, I hear
creaking sounds from the tower. The mast is slipping slightly in the rotator
mast bracket. I?ve already tried to tighten the 6 bolts, but it still slips.
I don?t want to tighten them to the point where they might snap. I?m
thinking that what I need to do is to go up the tower, drill a hole through
the mast (the rotator mast bracket already has holes), and pin the mast and
bracket. I understand that it?s not easy drilling through Chromoly pipe, so
before I try this, I thought I would ask if any of you have any other
suggestions.

73, Les VE3NNT