Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slippage

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slippage
From: John Simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 20:06:40 -0500
This problem strikes me as needing more thought before climbing the tower.

I am imagining a clamshell fixture, the upper half of which clamps around the mast with setscrew type bolts (a la alfaspid), and the lower half which clamps or otherwise attaches to the rotor top.

I think pinning the mast should be the last resort for a large number of reasons.

-de John NI0K
https://www.qrz.com/db/NI0K