Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slippage

To: "'Grant Saviers'" <grants2@pacbell.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mast slippage
From: "Les Brown" <lesbrown@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 00:55:48 -0400
Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I'll start with replacing the SS M8
bolts with 3/8 inch grade 8 bolts (or grade 9 or 10?) to see if that solves the
problem. If it doesn't, I'll have to try the K7NV clamp, but that will require
me to remove the rotor to slip the clamp on to the bottom of the mast, which
won't be so easy. Given that half the mast is sticking out of the top of the
tower, I'll have to rig up some pipes to hold the bottom of the mast in place
for the operation.
   It sounds like drilling and pinning isn't a good solution, and not so easy
to do.
73, Les VE3NNT