Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Rope

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, William Osborne <wosborne44@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire Rope
From: turnbull <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 19:22:15 +0100
Bill, In the UK Nevada Radio sells a 3.2 mm diameter Kevlar rope centred rope
covered by a tinned copper braid and tough insulation.    It seems to hold up
well, is easy to work with, has minimum wind load and is light weight.   I am
sure the equivalent is available in the States.   It is worth trying.73 Doug
EI2CNSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist"
<richard@karlquist.com> Date: 09/09/2020  19:00  (GMT+00:00) To: William
Osborne <wosborne44@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com Subject: Re:
[TowerTalk] Wire Rope Stainless steel is exceptionally lossy at RF.  There
areno specs on just how bad the loss is, so you take yourchances if you use it.
 Copperweld would be a muchbetter "unbreakable" solution.  That's what its
madefor.Rick N6RKOn 9/9/2020 10:22 AM, William Osborne wrote:> Has anyone used
SS wire rope for an antenna conductor in a wire antenna such as 80-10 OCFD?  I
use trees for supports and want to end the breaking problem due to wind swaying
thew trees.> > > Thanks,> Bill..K5ZQ>