Re: [TowerTalk] EFHW core

To: "Tom Osborne Sr." <w7why1@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EFHW core
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 15:48:50 -0700
How can an antenna be a "half wave" on 40 thru 10 meters
all at the same time?

Rick N6RK

On 9/21/2020 3:44 PM, Tom Osborne Sr. wrote:
Hi All

Today I put together an EFHW antenna for 40-10.  In checking it out, the
SWR was good and all looked like it was going to work.  Made one contact
with it, running around 500 watts, and the core got really hot.  I am
assuming for around 600 watts, 1 core isn't enough.

I have some more cores and was wondering, for 600 watts. How many should I
use, 2 or 3?  I could put 3 together and make 1 core.

Running low power it works fine and doesn't get hot.  73
Tom W7WHY