Re: [TowerTalk] Cut off extra 7 ft of mast or leave it?

To: David Winarsky <david@winarsky.com>, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cut off extra 7 ft of mast or leave it?
From: w6rgs <w6rgs@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 22:40:21 -0800
Date: 11/22/20  18:39  (GMT-08:00) To: TowerTalk@contesting.com Subject:
[TowerTalk] Cut off extra 7 ft of mast or leave it? I’m putting up my first
tower, a LM-354HDSP with a Steppir DB11 and a JK 40 meter horizontal dipole,
both in the same mast. I have a 20 ft 2 in OD mast from Tashjian and am
wondering whether I should cut off the unused length or leave it?  Karl at
Tashjian suggested I install the rotator plate 3 ft below the top of the tower
and the DB11 2 ft above the top, with the JK40 8 ft above that (10 ft from the
top of the tower). That will leave 7 ft of the mast unused. Do you folks
recommend I leave the extra 7ft of the mast in place or cut it off?Appreciate
the input and any other comments or suggestions on my plan. 73,David
 mailing
listTowerTalk@contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk