Re: [TowerTalk] ALIGNING ANTENNA

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ALIGNING ANTENNA
From: Dave - W3NP <w3np@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 16:23:08 -0500
I still think my first suggestion is the simplest and easiest - Loosen rotator clamps...verify actual antenna heading....while making sure the mast is completely free from turning, move controller (any brand) to agree with actual heading of the antenna then re-tighten clamps.  So, if the antenna was blown to a NW heading, the controller will now indicate the same. Should not affect rotor loop or anything else. You essentially are just getting the controller to catch up with the new wind induced antenna heading.

73, Dave - W3NP