Re: [TowerTalk] Uneven Ground

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Uneven Ground
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 13:25:46 -0700
On 10/13/2022 11:14 AM, Al Kozakiewicz wrote:
Why do you think they should  be any different? The angles should be the same
regardless of the length

YES! I have exactly that situation with my 120 ft of Rohn 25 with ground that slopes +/- 15 ft. It's in a dense redwood forest, and each of the 12 guys (at 30, 60, 90, 120 ft) is lagged to the base of a different 200+ ft tall redwood.

One caution about lagging hardware -- over a period of 14 years, the very large lags I found from a supplier that caters to the arborists who maintain and climb these giant trees were not sufficient to the task, and two have broken off and had to be replaced.

73, Jim K9YC