[Amps] 2006 ARRL Radio Handbook

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Oct 7 21:35:34 EDT 2005

Folks, I can save you the price of the new Handbook, which is $39.95 at your
local ARRL bookstore.  In the RF Power Amplifier chapter,  the only change
is the K8RA which was inserted to replace the Sunnyvale/St. Petersburg
4CX1600B amplifier.  This makes sense because the 4CX1600B has been phased
out of production, so I'm told.  They left the 6M 4CX1600B amp and the 2M
3CX1200A7 amp.  The rest of the chapter is word for word and picture for
picture the same as was in the last handbook that I bought in 2000.

So, all you need to do is find some sucker like me that already bought the
2006 version and talk him into making a copy of K8RA's amp.  I haven't
really looked into the other chapters in any detail but I'll bet they're
essentially the same as before.  Oh, I must tell you that you do get a CD
that contains the whole book on CD-ROM.  I haven't been able to figure out
how to get it out of the jacket yet.

Bob  W6TR