[Amps] our amplifier in 2010 CQWW

JOHN POWELL powell.john at xtra.co.nz
Tue Nov 9 14:05:18 PST 2010

Would not the power output indication be considered 2.5 KW PEP ?. If so does the power level meet the 1.5 KW maximum ?. I could only see the 2.5 KW level being achieved on voice peaks, not a continuous carrier.
Just a thought.
Some years ago I was participating in a contest ( I can't remember precisely which one) and was persistently hounded by a very strong signal from a UA station while trying to complete an exchange with another station.. When in QSO with the offending station gave him an exchange of 229 73. Later received a QSL from the UA and returned it "Not In Log". Got a letter from him complaining that this couldn't be the case he was operating from a Military setup running 10 KW with a Rhombic antenna. Food for thought ?.

73
John. ZL1BHQ