[Amps] Alpha 70/77 Series Replacement Meter Scales

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Wed Nov 10 18:32:42 PST 2010

Carl,

That's right.  The original Alpha meter movements are still available.  I
purchased a set a few years ago from Newark.

Many of the original OEM parts for Alpha amps are available.  Last time I
checked, Switchcraft still makes the crossbar switch assemblies and lens
caps for the 70/77 series.   Parts inside those amps are so common that it
tales little effort to find new or NOS replacements.

Come to think of it, it's more likely that a new solid-state amp will become
obsolescent before an old Alpha since many SS amps utilize CPUs and PA
semiconductors that seem to quickly go out of production from their vendors
without prior notice.

Paul, W9AC