[Amps] Best source for Gigavac GH-1 ?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Nov 10 11:43:39 EST 2013

On 11/10/2013 4:36 AM, Paul Christensen wrote:
> Using so-called "controlled PTT" on CW may be a reasonable compromise
> between full QSK and semi-BK-in.

I'm using K3s, which generate the PTT for the power amp. Delay for relay
pull-in and hang time are adjustable via menu. Before K3s, I did the
same with FT1000MPs, although five years later, I don't recall if hang
time is adjustable in them.

The Titan 425 uses discrete transistor circuitry to sense that the relay
has pulled in, will not allow TX until it has, and will not allow the
relay to drop until RF has dropped.  It is, for example, not possible to
interrupt TX by opening the PTT line if RF drive is present.

73, Jim K9YC