Topband: Venezuela heard on 160

Tom Norris ka4rkt at fernblatt.net
Wed Jan 28 22:21:52 EST 2004

Haven't worked any DX yet on 160, and tonight was no exception....

Around 0350 to 0400 YV4GD was on 1845 phone. BIG signal, 40 over 9,
louder than the usual locals, then gradually QSB'd into the noise as he
was working several stations in Spanish. Never heard one US station
attempt a contact after his calling CQ for several minutes.

He didn't hear my call either. Would have been nice to have made
a 2000 mi contact with all the talk lately about QSO's to JA

One of these days I'll get past Alabama. :-)

73 all

Tom KA4RKT