[AMPS] 50 MHz Amp Details

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 50 MHz Amp Details
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (George T. Daughters)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 11:42:01 +0008

Bob wrote...

> The MOST expensive price I've
> seen for the 35b is 1/3 of the 8877. Just illustrates how much Eimac and
> Richardson Electronics are ripping us off!

Well, let's compare the wages that Eimac pays their workers with
those of the behind-the-former-iron-curtain counterparts.  Then maybe
I'll agree.  Anyhow, a GS-35B seems to be a bargain, especially if it
really is similar to the 8877!  The only data I've found are
incomplete and mechanical (i.e. size, weight, length, etc. but no
"typical operation", no specs on airflow vs. dissipation, and the
like.)

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT