[AMPS] 50 MHz Amp Details

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 50 MHz Amp Details
From: k1ta@contesting.com (Bob Marston)
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 13:00:41 -0800
George wrote:

> Well, lets compare the wages that Eimac pays their workers
> with those of the behind-the-iron-curtain counterparts. Then maybe
> I'll agree.

That's a facile argument George. While labor costs do contribute to overall
production costs and have a BEARING on the final price, these quantites are
only indirectly related. Even under the classical definition of pricing :
PRICE = Material Cost + Labor + Mark Up  The term Mark Up has taken on new
meaning in todays economy. Where as once the Mark Up was once a small
fraction of the combined Material and Labor costs it quite often is several
orders of magnitude. More accurately: Price = Whatever the market will Bear
 And when the Producer names his tune the Consumer dances regardless of
what the produces pays to make said widgets. Particularly in the case of
monopolies and collusionary practices between "Competing Producers".

> The only data I have seen are incomplete and mechanical (i.e. size,
weight,   > length, etc but no "typical operation", no specs on airflow vs.
dissipation,  > and the like.)

Yes George data on the Soviet tubes is incomplete and somewhat spotty at
this stage. But DF6NA has a web Page up which documents which has more than
physical characteristics. The url is: http://df6na.mayn.de/~df6na/tubes.htm
No airflow vs. dissipation numbers here but there are voltages/currents
(Max and Typical)

73s

Bob K1TA