[AMPS] 50 MHz Amp Details

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 50 MHz Amp Details
From: johnf@futurenet.co.za (John Fielding)
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 18:42:59 +0200
I have to agree with Ian about the "supply" of Russian tubes.  I was at
Friederichschafen
Hamradio exhibition in June and spoke to several HA's who had tea chests full
of tubes
and complete amplifiers for sale at the flea-market.  They all told me that the
russian
tech's pay is so poor that they supplement their wages by stealing tubes!  One
guy told
me
that a whole 4 ton truck was loaded with tubes and driven out of the military
base by
bribing the guards with a couple of bottles of vodka to look the other way.

John    ZS5JF

To: <amps@contesting.com>