[AMPS] 240VAC Amplifier Wiring

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 240VAC Amplifier Wiring
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 13:29:10 -0500
> Also, 10/3 "Romex" NMS (Non-Metallic Sheathed Cable) can only be used in a
> circuit which does not included a Neutral, as the third conductor, a bare
> conductor, is intended to be used as the equipment grounding conductor.

Eric,

Keep me honest, but what I believe you're saying is that 10/3 Romex as sold
without ground (and even 10/2 w/ ground) should never be used in
neutral-wiring applications unless a separate ground is run.  I see Romex
sold in various categories (e.g., 10/2 w/ and w/o ground and 10/3 w/ and w/o
ground).  In my case, I'm running 10/3 Romex with ground, giving me a total
of four conductors (three insulated, one bare) to be used for Phase A, Phase
B, Neutral, and Ground (bare).  Also, does the NEC currently allow EMT
conduit to function as a ground conductor in 240 VAC applications?

-Paul, W9AC