[AMPS] amazing doubletalk...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] amazing doubletalk...
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 19:28:16 -0500
I, too am fed up with the distortions and lies pushed forth by "2"- aka,
Rich Measures.
I have picked a couple to question.

In the first- the references to the "Engineer" from Eimac, first you say he
IS an Engineering manager, then you say that Eimac's Personnel dept (the
last people I would ask) say he wasn't- which is it? Did you ever ask
anyone in Eimacs Technical depts about it? If so, what did they say? I keep
having the impression that you are only telling a part of this.

>//  During the Grate Parasitics Debate, Buzz Miklos, the R&D Engineering
>Manager at Eimac's Salt Lake City plant was scheduled to appear on the
>debate to scientifically expose the numerous technical errors in my QST
>articles.   However, I thought that something smelled a tad fishy, so I
>telephoned the personnel department at the plant and discovered that the
>"Manager" was never higher up than the bottom rung of the engineering
>ladder.  After word of this leaked out, the "Manager" proved to be a no
>show.  Subsequently, I found out that this person is an amateur radio
>operator, and that he handed out business cards at hamventions
>identifying himself as said R&D Engineering Manager.    (transcripts of
>this rather jolly debate are available from Yours Truly)

The second collection of distortions is in the references to Mr. Rauch.
My question is- where are the EXACT locations and quotes that you are
referring to?- I have read the Sept-94 stuff, and the only thing vaguely
resembling  any part of this is where Tom refers to several companies
experts, and, it so happens, he worked for one of them. The rest just is
not there. So- where did the statements about RF resistance changes, AC
circuit analysis, and disappearing gas come from?

>//  Mr. "...." stated that nickle-chromium alloys have more RF-resistance
>as frequency decreases, that AC circuit-analysis does not work for L-R
>VHF suppressors, that gas can disappear in cold tubes, and that he's one
>of our recognized amplifier experts (p.72, 9-94 QST).
>-

Please - if you cant answer articulately, have the grace to NOT say 'zzzzz'
or 'chortle', or other inanities, such as 'is that a frog in your pocket?'
I can read-, and understand ,  the English language pretty well, and have
actually been paid to do so. However, much of your twaddle is very hard to
understand, because it is not coherent.  Please, for me, try to use
complete sentences,  give real references, and, when you indicate quotes,
be sure there is something that can be found that is the source quoted.

Hope this helps- Bill-W4BSG.
-
Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill
 Woodville, Alabama, US 35776