RE: [Amps] NCL 2000?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [Amps] NCL 2000?
From: "David A. Pruett" <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 23:10:01 -0400
The idea of re-tubing an NCL-2000 with Svetlana tubes is quite intriguing. I would think it would be virtually certain that the 4CX400A would fit, since it is slightly smaller in diameter than the 8930, which is in turn slightly larger than the 4CX250. While this might not make legal limit by the datasheets, it's probably a good match overall (plate dissipation, power supply, etc.) to the original 8122s. They are, however, relatively inexpensive - RF Parts sells them for $140 each, and I suspect somebody like W4TH might beat that price.

I've had good results from the 4CX800As in my Alpha 91b, however these are larger in diameter and might not fit the NCL-2000 chassis layout.

Dave/K8CC