Re: [BULK] - [Amps] NCL 2000?

To: Amplificadores Lineales <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [BULK] - [Amps] NCL 2000?
From: GGLL <nagato@arnet.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 09:37:26 -0300
Is that the only type number for them?; I've been searching and only have found tubes used as tuning indicators with that specification (4662).

Best regards
Guillermo - LU8EYW.

Dennis12Amplify@aol.com escribió:

Helge,

I have some Burle, (and RCA), 4662's that I had picked up at a Hamfest long ago from a guy I have bought at least a hundred ceramic tubes from over the past 25 years.

I picked them up because I occasionally have to repair a National NCL2000 and was told they were a 'plug in sub.' for the 8122.

The Burle have pink ceramic bases and the RCA's have white, but they all have the 4662 number on them and 'look' like 8122s.

Can you tell me if that 'plug in sub.' rumor is true or not?

I have not been able to find datasheets on either type so I have been reluctant to try the 'plug in' swap.

As a result, they have just been collecting dust in my shop for 15 years or more.

Regards,