Re: [BULK] - [Amps] NCL 2000?

To: ramcleod@comcast.net, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [BULK] - [Amps] NCL 2000?
From: Dennis12Amplify@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:44:09 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/03 4:38:44 PM Central Daylight Time,
ramcleod@comcast.net writes:

> Dennis- the 4662 no. is a miiltary type stock number, the gov't version of
> the 8122.  There is probably a better name, but they are the same tube. I can
> quote a source, if I can find it.

 Helge,

 Thank you for the info.

  Do you want to sell a pair or two?

 I would, if I was sure they were good, but after downloading the PDF files
for those tubes I found that all the internal elements have either duplicated
or triplicated element to pin connections; with the exception of the filament
pins.

 Three of the six tubes I have here have had either pin 5 or pin 6 cut short.

 The 'normal length for those pins is about .250 inches, and on three of the
tubes I have, either pin 5 or pin 6 has been cut down to about 1/3 or 1/4 of
that length.

 Looking closely I can see the pins were purposely cut short with a pair of
diagonal cutting pliers, and had not been broken off as I originally thought.

Here's what I have:

Burle 8122   Date code   91-17      Pin 5 cut short
Burle 8122   Date code   91-30      Pin 6 cut short
RCA 4662    Date Code   86-04      Pin 10 cut short
Burle 4662    Date Code  92-09      Pin  5 cut short       Pink Ceramic base
RCA 4662    Date Code   80-22      Pin 9 cut short
RCA 4662    Date Code   85-43      Pin 4 cut short

 So the way I see it, I have three tubes with either pin 5 or pin 6 cut
short, that are useless unless the remaining length of the shortened pin
reaches
the socket contact, or some other method is used to make the connection to that
filament pin.

Thanks again,

Dennis O.