Re: [BULK] - [Amps] NCL 2000?

To: nagato@arnet.com.ar, Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [BULK] - [Amps] NCL 2000?
From: Dennis12Amplify@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:14:42 EDT
In a message dated 10/2/03 7:59:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
nagato@arnet.com.ar writes:

>  Is that the only type number for them?; I've been searching and only
> have found tubes used as tuning indicators with that specification (4662).

 Now you are running into the same problem I had!

 That's why I got excited when the other person posted the name Burle along
with RCA because that was the first time I had seen anyone who indicated there
was a connection between those two names.

 YES; that is the only number on them other than the date code.

The RCA logo, then 4662, then U.S.A., then a 4 digit date code, like 92-09.

 This is all printed under the anode heat sink on the body of the tube and
quite obviously factory original.

 The only other markings I can find are in the center of the base ceramic as
looking from the bottom, and are 2 letter alphanumeric codes such as 'CG',
'PZ', or 'PT', which are also meaningless to me.

 The guy who sold them to me had never sold me a bad tube, so I believe they
were probably all good when he sold them. Most of his tubes were broadcast
station tubes that has little or no use, or were blemished originals.

 The most common defect on the new but 'blemished' tubes he sold me was where
there was a 'redundant' tube element pin removed for some reason, or broken
off by accident where the tube could not be returned to Eimac, etc.

 They always worked for me and were stable in HF amplifiers even when missing
that third or fourth 'redundant' grid connection.

 If I knew for sure that they would sub for 8122's, I would test them in
working units or send them to someone to be tested as 8122's and then put some
of
them up for sale because I don't see many NCL2000's in my shop any more.

 I don't think this board would let me post some pictures of the tubes,
otherwise I would.

 What I would really like to find is a site with detailed data sheets for
both tubes.

 Regards,

Dennis O.