Re: [Amps] Advice on instruments for ham use

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Advice on instruments for ham use
From: "Floyd Sense" <fsense@copper.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:55:09 -0500
Pete - last spring I bought a Tektronix 2235 from a fellow at the Charlotte hamfest who has a business of restoring and selling used good quality scopes. He replaces the CRT if necessary and does a complete calibration. Saw him at the Shelby, NC hamfest over Labor Day weekend. I believe his home is in Atlanta and think I've seen his ads somewhere. I'll try and find my receipt so I can give you his name.

The 2235 is a nice light-weight dual trace (100 MHz) scope with delayed sweep, etc. I picked up a pair of new Chinese probes (1X/10X) on eBay and they work just fine for my radio work.

Here's the incredible part of the deal I made: I forgot my checkbook that day, and the guy told me to just take the scope home and try it out and then send him a check! I looked at a lot of other scopes that individuals were selling at hamfests and there was always something lacking. This guy's scopes are all very clean and working perfectly.

K8AC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>