Re: [Amps] Advice on instruments for ham use

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Advice on instruments for ham use
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:35:33 -0500
Pete Smith wrote:
I'm interested in acquiring a used solid-state oscilloscope for ham use. I know this isn't the place to ask, but hope that people who hang out here can point me to a ham radio homebrew or similar mailing list where people would have good advice on which models, what to pay, etc. There are skillions of Google results based on searching for the above topics but nothing, so far, that looks like the right answer.

Thanks!

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated 20 Oct 2004
2796 contest stations at

My advice is to try and find a digital storage scope. (I
have a Tek 468). There are many things that a dual trace
storage scope makes easy. Timing relays on a QSK system
for instance.

73, Roger

--
Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)