Re: [Amps] GS35B Plate connection suggestions wanted

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS35B Plate connection suggestions wanted
From: gdaught6@stanford.edu
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 09:31:36 -0800
Hi,

> The one time I did it...used a stainless hose clamp around the base of
> the copper fins and pinched a wire under it.

This is probably a BAD way to do it, because the anode cooler will
expand considerably going up to 250 degrees C!  The hose clamp could
result in some pretty big stresses in the tube.

Rich Measures' (AG6K) website has a neat way to contact anode coolers
that don't have caps for the purpose... or even those that do!

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT