Re: [Amps] Class E amd and MRF492

To: ToddRoberts2001@aol.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Class E amd and MRF492
From: G3rzp@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:17:54 EST
The original EER technique was written up by Kahn back in about 1953. Both
Polar and Cartesian loop build on this: they have the advantage that they
eliminate the AM-PM conversion difficulty. Of the two, polar loop seems the
best
bet for amateur applications, but to be really useful, it needs the whole tx
to  be designed as polar loop, not just the PA. Otherwise, it won't offer the
efficiency advantage. Whether, at the end of the day, the efficiency increase
is  justifiable, is another argument.....

The great thing abut polar loop is that it's got me a teasonable sum from  my
employer in terms of payment for patent applications: I'm not  totally
convinced it's other wise that worthwhile...............

73

Peter G3RZP