Re: [Amps] Class E amd and MRF492

To: ToddRoberts2001@aol.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Class E amd and MRF492
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:05:12 -0500
Here is the problem.
It seems to me that using either system effectively reduces efficiency of
the amplifier.
        The Cartesian loop system modifies the input signal to linearize
the amplifier this changes the amplifiers efficiency. So the benefit of
high efficiency goes out the window when using this system with SSB.
        The polar loop system is a variation of the DAF amplifier. We have
had lots of discussions about that here. With a method of  compensating for
phase shift due to impedance changes due to variations in the modulated
supply voltage. Also, I think the efficiency will also suffer at low or
intermediate signal levels.

Check out:

http://www.ece.ucdavis.edu/~spbruss/research/linearizer_methods_overview.pdf