Re: [Amps] Question about safety ground connection

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Question about safety ground connection
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:35:23 -0500
In a switch leg using say 12-2 or 14-2 romex, the white wire is hot at the
switch. The white and black tie together in the junction box of the light
fixture, and the black off the switch goes to the black wire on the lamp. So
yes, this is a case where the white is hot. The NEC only allows this case too.

Best,

Will