Re: [Amps] Rich is a good guy

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Rich is a good guy
From: Scott Manthe <n9aa@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:49:21 -0500
How has he "consistently shown he has the substance to back up what he
claims?"  I've never seen a Rich Measures designed amp for sale by any
company.

It's easy to back up your claims when all you do is post to the net.
It's much more difficult to leave yourself out there by actually
designing an amp that people can actually buy and have problems with.
Tom has done the latter and has had abuse heaped upon him by a guy who
only talks about his amp designs on a web site. It's easy to be an
armchair quarterback, it's much harder to put yourself into the mix.

When Rich can convince someone to produce his superior amp designs, then
he will earn the right to act like he does on this list. Until then, I'd
prefer he stop, nice guy or not.

Scott, N9AA