Re: [Amps] Stability of amps

To: john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Stability of amps
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:19:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/2007 12:58:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com writes:

> [...]
philosophy of design.  Many
years ago, I remember that  Tektronix often designed their scopes to use
tubes from  certain
manufacturers, and found that other brands were not suitable.   In order to
meet their
specifications, they insisted that certain brands be  used in certain
positions.  And, if the
tube was replaced, the tube  needed to meet design specifications.  Was that
good  engineering
practice .....? <<<<

I have used just about every Chinese tube and of course Cetrons in my
conversions and they all work.  Since the Svetlana tubes are a different
design, I
do not use them.  I don't think argument holds any  water.