Re: [Amps] 6 mtrs:

To: stevek@jmr.com, la7sl@online.no, amps@contesting.com,km1h@jeremy.mv.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 6 mtrs:
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:27:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/25/2007 12:36:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
stevek@jmr.com writes:

But  driving a pair of 572B's to 750W output  looks to a retired E
professional
like pushing an old VW beetle to 100MPH would look to an  auto engineer:
Risky,- at best :-)
May be I am too conservative ???  ...

Hi Steve, the Sb-200 operators manual says that 100 watts is  permissible,
Just because you are used to an SB-200 on HF or similar  amplifier that with
100 watts makes only about 650 watts out, then why is the  same 100 watts of
drive any different on 6 meters?  To me, 100 watts drive  is 100 watts drive
either on 80 meters or 6 meters.  I think some of you  guys have to think
"outside
the box".  When one fine tunes a design and  makes it specific for a specific
frequency we are talking a horse of a different  color than an all band
amplifier.  Things  change.