Re: [Amps] 8877 Grid Trip timing

To: <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 Grid Trip timing
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 17:37:45 -0400
Also back in the 60's I was an engineering tech for High Voltage
Engineering. The power supplies were 100-400KV at up to 300ma. All testing
was done behind a radiation and blast proof brick and steel door.

Failures were interesting to say the least and it also took many tries
before they got a reliable crowbar circuit.

They were also building a 1 megavolt supply for the government and that
pretty much took them down the tubes as it wasnt as easy as they thought
when bidding.

Carl
KM1H