Re: [Amps] SB-220 bias question

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <gudguyham@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 bias question
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:50:36 -0400
Thats one way of putting it Lou.

Carl
KM1H

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: gudguyham@aol.com
  To: km1h@jeremy.mv.com ; amps@contesting.com
  Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 10:35 AM

  So in other words it's not a technical issue so much as it is a "idiot proof"
fail safe measure?

    Many operate the SB-220 on RTTY and digi modes where the CW position is a
key to transformer survivability.

    The same for 12/17M where the tank circuits are far from optimum and
bandswitch arcing can occur at 1200W.

    Some owners are a bit slow in tuning up and the CW position reduces the
plates from brilliant orange to a darker version.

    Carl
    KM1H

  ----- Original Message ----- From: <Gudguyham@aol.com>