Re: [Amps] SB-220 bias question

To: lists@subich.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 bias question
From: gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 12:10:15 -0400

 The SB-220 will not survive RTTY operation in "full smoke"

@@@@@ Agreed, for sure, but the AAL-80, AL-82 et al. do not change the plate
voltage on any mode.? The operator is told to adjust power output according to
the mode.? I NEVER said to rum the SB-220 at full smoke on RTTY.? My whole
point is to run the tubes at higher plate voltage with less plarte and grid
current for the same power output.? Naturally on must be prudent with thr
SB-220 as with the AL-80/ Al-82 et al.? I think you missed the point I was
making. Lou