Re: [Amps] Resistor Before the Capacitor? (long)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Resistor Before the Capacitor? (long)
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:29:33 -0500
Jim,

Regarding the placement of your 25-ohm surge resistor between the full-wave
rectifier and the filter cap:  Do you have the resistor placed between those
components in the HV(-) or the HV(+) line in your amp?  Can you think of any
protection benefit of dividing the R value say in half and insert 12-ohm
resistors in both the (-) and (+) leads in front of the filter C?

Paul, W9AC