Re: [Amps] Clipperton-L parasitic suppressors

To: "Ian White GM3SEK" <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>, "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Clipperton-L parasitic suppressors
From: "Cecil Acuff" <chacuff@cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 15:10:14 -0600
> but there is now a new generation of participants who weren't there at
> the time. There is a big and *important* difference between banning
> someone for his technical opinions (which I don't believe this reflector
> has ever done) and banning someone after several episodes of
> outrageously bad conduct.

---------------------------cut----------------------------------------------

I guess I'm kind of in that group of new participants but was also a member
for a short while back when Mr. Measures was still active on the list.
Things were so intense between he and W8JI at the time I bailed out.  It was
not helpful to anyone.  Off list request for info and help went
unanswered.....

I came back recently because I knew this was a great resource if one could
get through the S/N ratio.

But...my experience since I have returned has been mixed.  There are a few
who have been very helpful on my 30S-1 questions going out of their way to
help. For that I am thankful.  On the flip side there have been a few that
seem to be more intent on strutting their education and experience in a
manner that seems intent on belittling those of us that don't have our EE's.
Quick to point out our shortcomings but offering little in the way of help
in many cases.  To me that's a total waste of knowledge if one is not
willing to share it by helping and guiding those of us that need and ask for
it.  Again off list requests for info and help from those who, on list,
project the appearence of being the most knowledgable.

While I have done over 30 years of electronics work in my career and spare
time...design work as it relates to RF amplifiers is an area that is
lacking.  I have the desire to learn the proper ways and understand the
theory and in some cases have learned a lot from some of the posts.

You guys education and real world experience would be better spent helping
those who have the desire to do things correctly.  Pass it on...

Why else participate on a list like this if you can't...or won't...

Sorry if my note ruffles some feathers...but that is the view through my
knot hole at this point.

With that I'll step off my apple crate and go back to repairing a Henry 3KA
with an open HV PS ballast string....

Cecil
K5DL