Re: [Amps] GS35B questions

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS35B questions
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 17:51:28 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 00:03:26 +0200, Marius Hauki
<rezycle.bin@gmail.com> wrote:

>-I am looking for a SAFE way of running the HV cable from an external
>HV PSU cabinet to the RF cabinet.  I know this has been discussed
>numerous times before, but again: what is the best cable I can use and
>what connector should I use? Did we reach a conclusion and some
>reccomendation on that question? I would like to avoid any possibility
>at all for the B+ (hv plus)connector connecting before the B- (hv
>minus) because that may place the RF deck at the HV+ potential if the
>grounding between the two boxes are broken.

REPLY:

Please look at:  http://www.surplussales.com/Wire-Cable/HVWire-2.html

What you want is the top two pictures, male and female. Note they are
polarized - one leg is longer than the other. Unfortunately this
source is sold out, but this is the type of connector to search for.

If you decide to go for a single plug with a hardwired ground between
the amp and PS, have a look at the third one down on the left. That is
the one I use in my homebrews and it has been very satisfactory.

Bill, W6WRT