Re: [Amps] GS35B questions

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS35B questions
From: Marius Hauki <rezycle.bin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:42:58 +0200
SHV connectors look like a good candidate. This reference
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHV_connector describes what I am looking
for: center pin is engaged after the casing is engaged. Center pin is
disengaged before the casing on removal. This prevents the whole rf
deck to reach Bpluss potential.

However on your linear, it looks like the ground (casing on the SHV
connector) is not isolated from chassis ground. On a grounded grid
amp, if one want to measure grud current, I guess one needs an
isolated Bminus lead? Alternatively, running Bminus in a separate lead
can be done as described (however I dont think I want to do that on my
amp). How have you solved grid current metering in your case? I know
metering the grid to chassis circuit can work, but that will not give
a low reactance RF circuit from grid to chassis and may cause
instability.

73
Marius
LB3HC