Re: [Amps] Expert Amps 2K-FA: Any Opinions ?

To: Richard Solomon <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Expert Amps 2K-FA: Any Opinions ?
From: Mike Tubby <mike@tubby.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 07:55:05 +0100
On 25/04/2012 02:20, Richard Solomon wrote:
> I am just about giving up on ever seeing the YAESU VL-2000 materialize
> in my lifetime.
>
> I did get pointed to the Expert Amps 2K-FA Amp and was wondering if
> anyone has one
> or has any opinions on it. There was some chatter over on the
> Contesting list, but I don't
> have access to that list.
>
> At $7.5K +/-, it bears investigating before I plunk down my HEC.
>
> 73, Dick, W1KSZ
> ______________________________________

I can't speak for the Expert 2K-FA, but we used a 1F-KA in CQWW WPX this
year and it performed flawlessly over 48 hours and only tripped out a
couple of times when people did something silly like switching antennas
without re-tuning (which is to be expected and welcomed).

If the 2K-FA works as well as the 1K-FA then I would be happy with one!

Impressive feature set including:

* 2KW on 1.8-30MHz and 1800W on 6m
* 6 x antenna connections
* 2 x Rig connections
* additional SO2R RX output
* 2 x CAT control for Yaesu/Icom/Kenwood/Tentec/Elecraft
* USB remote control

US website:

http://www.expertampsusa.com/

G4UJS's own page:

http://g4ujs.shacknet.nu/2k-fa.html

 From recollection they can be had for EUR €4750.00 FOB Rome, Italy - if
you are prepared to arrange your own shipping, customs, import duty, etc.

I want one to replace my aged, but still very good, TL922 ;-)

Mike G8TIC/G2W